St. John Vianney Catholic School offers the only Nationally Accredited Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Program on the beaches. We are also a Diocesan parish school licensed by the Pinellas County License Board and meet strict standards for health and safety.
The Early Childhood curriculum is academically comprehensive and stresses the value of play, while preparing the child for a lifetime of learning. Full day, half day, and three hour programs are available for Pre-Kindergarten. Kindergarten is a full day program.
Our program interprets the general goals of early childhood education as being primarily the development of the whole child and we are committed to offering opportunities for balanced growth.
Areas of Focus for Balanced Growth:
As a Catholic Early Childhood program, we develop a love of Jesus and knowledge of the presence of God in the lives of the children we serve. Foundations are laid in the Catholic faith as children experience positive interaction with Christian adult role models. Our curriculum incorporates themes which are imbued with religious education appropriate for Early Childhood. We are a ministry to families and are dedicated to providing a quality Catholic Early Childhood program to meet the needs of our community.
Experiences are provided for children to grow with the following:
- Develop a relationship with God and others.
- Develop large and small motor skills.
- Learn how to relate to peers and be a part of a group.
- Develop a strong cognitive foundation in language and spatial relationships.
- Enrich their language and verbal skills in listening and speaking.
- Develop a healthy and positive self concept.
- Express their curiosity and creativity.